A week of intense hacking on NixOS
06/12/2021 - 10/12/2021 (Mon - Fri)
~15 NixOS developers
Table Of Contents
- Stuff to do on Lanzarote
The sprint will take place outside under pavilion tents (for sunshine protection) in a villa with a pool.
Withing a 5 minute walk you can reach:
- one of the best beaches in Lanzarote, where you can swim, jog, snorkel, SUP, surf and windsurf,
- a local supermarket that is open every day from 8AM to 10PM,
- a pharmacy and a bakery,
- 5km long beachside promenade with free outside gyms,
- a steakhouse, a burger joint and an authentic Spanish tapas tavern,
- an assortment of other various cafes, pubs and bars, restaurants, etc.
Once you are registered for the sprint, we'll get everyone the location of the villa and local contacts to organize the booking of nearby villas that cost ~200 EUR per person per week.
If you are planning to come with your family and/or stay longer, @Nejc Zupan has written a remote worker's guide to Lanzarote.
We'll organize catering (breakfast and lunch) during the sprint.
There are a ton of options for dinners in nearby restaurants.
Closed, as we have reached our limit. We hope in the future there will be more of these events!
To be determined once registration closes based on attendees interest.
The best way to travel is via a plane to Lanzarote airport. It's also possible to fly to other island airports and then take a ferry (Fuertaventura is closest being 30min away).
Stuff to do on Lanzarote
- First-class surfing location with verified instructors
- Kitesurfing and windsurfing
- Visiting the Timanfaya vulcano and eating fish grilled on lava
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Vulcano hiking
- Cave sightseeing
We're looking for sponsors to cover expenses such as venue, catering, pavilion tents rental, T-shirt printing, LTE access points for backup. Please help us make this a productive event by chipping in, so we can focus on coding instead of grocery shopping and cooking. Our target budget is 5000 EUR. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silver + hiring blurb
Bronze + Logo on T-shirt
Logo on website and final report
- Arian van Putten
- Jacek Galowicz
- Jonas Chevalier
- Florian Klink
- Michael Fellinger
- Rob Vermaas
- Robert Hensing
- Dario Bertini
- Andreas Schrägle
- Luc Perkins
- Andreas Rammhold
- Bernardo Meurer Costa
- Marijan Petričević
- Vo Minh Thu
- Florian Friesdorf
- Janne Heß
- Amon Stopinšek
- Eelco Dolstra
- Domen Kožar, long time contributor to NixOS, organizer of Zidanca Sprint
- Nejc Zupan, recently converted NixOS evangelist, organizer of Sauna Sprint
It's highly recommended that you vaccinate before coming to the sprint.
We will be staying outside most of the time. We'll be renting a pavilion tent for protection against the sun and the unfortunate droplet of rain.
The temperature drops to a minimum of 15 C outside during the night so it's possible to have windows open.
Spain takes the pandemic very seriously, make sure to check up to date requirements before traveling.